Fixed wire electrical testing involves the testing of electrical services and systems that conduct electricity around a building. It includes all hard wiring which includes main panels, distribution boards, lighting and socket outlets.
The results and extent of a periodic inspection test is recorded on an Electrical Installation Condition Report and can be delivered in hard copy of electronic form. The Report covers five main principles:
- Visual inspection with photographic records
- The recording of results, inspection and testing of a building to make sure the electrical inspection is safe to be used until the next inspection
- Find any deterioration or damage to the hard wiring and report it
- Locate any parts of the electrical installation that do not meet IEE wiring requirements
- Provide and record the installation at the time of inspection for future inspection tests
Telecom Electrical Ltd recommend periodic inspections to test the installation and find any hidden dangers, however recommended inspections can vary from type of building and can be as little as quarterly inspections dependent on the type and usage of a building. We would be happy to advise on frequency of inspections as per government guidelines.